BIM (Building Information Modelling) is changing the way we work in our industry, and it is here to stay. Royal HaskoningDHV is digitalising its project delivery by automating and integrating daily work with data-driven and BIM enabled processes, improving service efficiency, quality, and performance to delivery sustainable projects.
Begin with the end in mindOur BIM strategy supports the management and production of information during the life cycle of built assets (referred to as “information management”) when using building information management (BIM). The project delivery teams consider the infrastructure owners ‘information requirements’ and its uses first and then work their way back through construction, through design and into planning phases on the project.
Our BIM principles are based on the ISO 19650 standards and are one of the key foundations of our digitalization strategy.
- Systems and procedures have been implemented to achieve BIM maturity based on ISO 19650 and BIM Framework,
- As such, our high standards continuously evolve to meet the latest requirements and are centrally embedded into our corporate project standards.
Our BIM capabilities focus on:
- Delivering projects with a standard BIM planning and execution process
- Delivering information with the ‘common data environment’ procedures and platforms
- Commitment to embed and integrate OpenStandards in our project delivery
- Automating repetitive process with parametric ways of working
- Maximizing use of latest digital tools and technology
- Training employees in BIM and digital engineering related skills through its Digital Academy
- Accelerating our implementation through strategic partnerships with BIM technology providers
- Improve decision-making by integrating 3D models, video, audio, and maps to present the same information in an interactive ‘iReport’ to streamline collaboration with stakeholders.
Governments globally are introducing policies which will soon require suppliers to work with BIM on all publicly funded projects, and private sector clients are also seeing the added value that BIM can bring to their projects. We are is equipped with the necessary tools and skills to prepare projects for this new and exciting development.